The toy box contains beautifully designed set of toys and games with clear learning outcomes that are achieved through Activity Based Learning (ABL) for children in the age group of 3 to 4 years (Level 1). Concrete learning happens in incremental steps through these activity-based and game-based tasks. The box contains 15 toys and 3 accessories and a detailed instruction manual. Children can play 115 different games engaging them for more than 6 months with the toys in this box.
With such an exhaustive list of games / activities, children are engaged for long periods of time thus effortlessly meeting learning objectives. The toy box also makes it easier for parents to get children away from gadgets as they are engaged in productive play. The games are designed as single-player and multi-player providing opportunities for self learning as well as interactive play.
The games and activities cover skill sets in the following learning areas:
- Developing fine motor skills
- Understanding various aspects of size
- Understanding colours
- Identifying shapes
- Simple construction using geometric shapes
- Logical reasoning
- Tracing number symbols 0 to 9
- Comparing quantities
- Counting numbers from 1 to 10
- Number quantity association
- Sequencing numbers 1 to 20
- Identifying odd & even numbers
- Tracing lower case letters and learning their sounds
- Identifying starting and ending sounds in words
- Learning vowels and consonants
- Reading and forming Consonant-Vowel-Consonant (CVC) words
- Enrichment of vocabulary
The procedures of the games are documented in the detailed instruction manual provided with the box. The procedures are also explained through Youtube videos the link for which is given in the instruction manual. Parent assistance may be required in few of the games. Once you explain the rules of the games, the children can continue to play and learn on their own.