The toy box contains beautifully designed set of toys and games with clear learning outcomes that are achieved through Activity Based Learning (ABL) for children in the age group of 4 to 5 years (Level 2). Concrete learning happens in incremental steps through these activity-based and game-based tasks. The box contains 20 toys and 5 accessories and a detailed instruction manual. Children can play 93 different games engaging them for more than 6 months with the toys in this box.
With such an exhaustive list of games / activities, children are engaged for long periods of time thus effortlessly meeting learning objectives. The toy box also makes it easier for parents to get children away from gadgets as they are engaged in productive play. The games are designed as single-player and multi-player providing opportunities for self learning as well as interactive play.
The games and activities cover skill sets in the following learning areas:
- Logical reasoning
- Understanding geometric shapes
- Construction using geometric shapes
- Understanding continents and oceans
- Learning modes of transportation
- Classifying food categories
- Balanced Diet
- Number to quantity association
- Place Value – Understanding units and tens
- Reading 2 digit numbers
- Simple Addition
- Addition of 2 digit numbers with carry over
- Skip counting
- Tracing lower case letters and learning their sounds
- Reading and forming Blend & Consonant-vowel-consonant (CVC) words
- Learning phonograms
- Enrichment of vocabulary
The procedures of the games are documented in the detailed instruction manual provided with the box. The procedures are also explained through Youtube videos the link for which is given in the instruction manual. Parent assistance may be required in few of the games. Once you explain the rules of the games, the children can continue to play and learn on their own.
Here is the introduction video: https://bit.ly/2FDLcpm